Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Christmas in February

Its cloudy and lame outside, which is why I'm inside! Inside my warm home, in my warm sweats, wrapped in a warm blanket... all I need is a warm coffee to keep me company. Unfortunately, that would involve me getting up, and that I just can't do.
Today was not a complete waste however, I made a Christmas tree skirt! Shortly after Christmas I stopped by the fabric store knowing they would have some fabulous sales on Holiday fabric, and, they did! After much confusion trying to figure out the pattern from my mom's tree skirt, I prevailed and thus constructed my very own. I'm super excited and looking forward to the many possibilities this circular shape can bring me too, like circular blankets? Or rugs? Or maybe even a medley of textures and fabrics to create a headboard? Who knows! The possibilities are endless - I've never made anything in a circle before!

A small side note... I have a confession,
I regret to announce (to my ridiculously small audience) that I am indeed a Miley Cyrus fan. I know I know I wish I wasn't, but when Party In The USA turns on the radio I can't help but sing along. I don't like her, but man her songs are catchy!

It's not quite finished yet, but here it the top of the tree skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment