Saturday, August 28, 2010

Agape Life

Pennsylvania beauty


"Agape doesn't love somebody because they're worthy.
Agape makes them worthy by the strength and power of its love.
Agape doesn't love somebody because they're beautiful.
Agape loves in such a way that it makes them beautiful."
Rob Bell

With that quote in mind, I'd like to say a few things. First, I love that my God has the ability to make me beautiful without having anything to do with my physical appearance. I love that lately, I've come to understand and accept myself on a lot of different levels. The concept of being comfortable in my own skin is attainable. I like who I am and who I am becoming.

Along with that, I also have understood how to think more of others. The fact that I think more highly of myself has enabled me to have a deeper rooted love for humanity. I want so much for others to understand they have value.

Unconditional love, Agape, is amazing. It's really remarkable that this love has no boundaries. It has no agenda. It does not love because of anything. I want to live this way. I want to create and give and have relationships and have no strings attached. This kind of love is authentic. Life is way too short to not live this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment