Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's almost here...


today is christmas eve... eve. Today my mother-in-law brought over our stockings and set them up under the tree... then covered them with a blanket. Do you have any idea how hard it is to not look under that blanket? Especially because right now my husband is asleep and I'm the only one here... I could... no.. I couldn't.... or could I? I guess my best bet is to go to sleep too. The sooner I'm asleep the sooner I can wake up and the closer it will be to Christmas morning! Eeeek!!!!
(Abbie, notice your gifts under the tree?... notice how you are amazing in every way?)
I'm really looking forward to Christmas (duh)! Especially because that means I'll be off work for a whole week! Tomorrow at 2pm I'll be done and won't go back until next Friday! I can't wait to get some down time, work has been super busy, which is really good... but really exhausting. I hope these next couple days will be amazing for everyone! I'm looking forward to sleeping by the Christmas tree tomorrow night. Traditions are so great. It's a little hard for me making traditions, this is mine and Nathan's second Christmas as a married couple (which is crazy in and of itself) and I feel a little sad not participating in family traditions with my parents. Like making homemade marshmallows with my mom and delivering them to all our friends... Things just change... they are all good changes, without a doubt, but I feel all nostalgic inside... Christmas makes me want to be a kid again and wake up hearing my brother sing, "You gotta get up, you gotta get up, you gotta get up! It's Christmas morning!"

Tomorrow I'll be making cinnamon rolls all day. That's another tradition we do around here... it's a delicious one! What are some family Christmas traditions you do around your home?

Merry Christmas, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment