Saturday, March 26, 2011

New Camera!

I got a new camera!! The amazing Autumn Rose let me buy her old one! Can you believe I get to work with such an amazing camera?! The camera that took these photos?! I believe with all my heart that it is so NOT the camera and SO the person behind it... It's a lot harder than it looks to take a good photo! Let me tell you! It was pretty rough having my first run real run through with this baby at the Oregon Coast Aquarium! You think it might be hard to take a good photo? Try one in the dark, with your model a little fish under water! Needless to say, I was frustrated. I need my friends to help me understand the world of nice cameras! What the heck is ISO anyways?! Gosh, I do hope I read this years from now and think, "I was so silly back then, It's a piece of cake taking legit pictures!" That will be the day...

Until that day comes, I'll be posting pictures I took. They may not be the best, but I promise they will improve overtime. I'm excited to see how they transform, and how I transform as a photographer (can I even call myself a photographer?)!

The whole point of this trip we took was to celebrate our dear friend Nathan's (not to be confused with my husband) ((It is rather confusing when your husband and his best friend have the same name)) BIRTHDAY!!! Wahooo!!! What a wonderful day it was! The beach, a tour and delicious lunch and drinks at The Rouge Brewery (and distillery) Goodness! That gin is tasty!

Thanks Nathan, for being born so we could go to the beach and celebrate with you! And also for being such a good friend to my husband! And thanks Emily, for the fabulous idea!


Look at that face! What a little cutie!

Ok, tell me this is not amazing!

bff's!


The girls


This one is my favorite!
This jelly fish is called a Sea Nettle.
I find them fascinating!
When I was an outdoor school camp councilor my name was Nettles!

Props to my hubby on this one! Good job, babe!

My absolute favorite part!
have you not heard of my sea life obsession?!



No comments:

Post a Comment